MIAMI IMMIGRATION LAWYERS FOR DADE, FLORIDA, AND THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES
It is the mission of the Dade County Law Offices of Rhonda F. Gelfman to defend the rights of non-US citizens residing in the state of Florida. Our immigration law team has a variety of resources and approaches that have assisted us in resolving even the most complex immigration difficulties for our clients. Among these is the recently approved Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) law. This allows individuals who were brought to the United States as children to defer removal from the country for a period of two years. If you or a family member was brought to the United States before your sixteenth birthday, DACA may apply. Contact our Miami, FL based law offices to discuss your immigration case.
How Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Works
In order to qualify for DACA, you must:
- Be at least fifteen years of age at the time of your request
- Have been under the age of thirty-one on June 15, 2012 (when the law was enacted)
- Have come to the United States before your sixteenth birthday
- Have continuously lived in the United States from June 15, 2007 until now
- Have been physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012 and at the time you're applying
- Have entered the United States without inspection before June 15, 2012, or had your lawful immigration status expire by June 15, 2012
- Be currently enrolled in school, or be an honorably discharged member of the United States Coast Guard
- Not have a felony conviction, a misdemeanor conviction for a serious crime, or three or more misdemeanor convictions
It's important to note that an approved deferral does not affect your immigration status. It is essentially a two-year stay from deportation. At the end of those two years, your deferral will be re-reviewed.
Dade County Lawyers Helping Immigrants Remain in the United States
If you believe that you qualify for deferred action, contact the immigration attorneys at the Law Offices of Rhonda F. Gelfman. To discuss DACA with one of our top tier immigrations lawyers, contact our Miami law office at (305) 944-9120.
The attorneys of the Law Offices of Rhonda F. Gelfman, P.A. represent clients from most nations in all federal court venues. Spanish, Creole, Hindi and Russian services are available, and we are able to contract with translators for most other languages.