Labor Certification / PERM

Miami-Area Labor Certification Attorneys

For many people, living and working permanently in the United States is their ultimate goal. Labor certification is one of the most widely used employment-based ways to achieve this goal. At the Law Offices of Rhonda F. Gelfman, P.A., we have experienced staff to guide the employers and employees through the tedious, complex process of the labor certification. Our clients include a wide range of professionals, such as teachers, engineers, business administrators, lawyers, IT professionals, doctors and foreign nationals with advanced degrees.

Attorneys Helping You Obtain a Certified Labor Certification

No matter what profession you belong to, when it comes to labor certification, it is important to know how each action you take can further your immigration goals. At the Law Offices of Rhonda F. Gelfman, P.A. our lawyers work diligently to create long-term strategies for the benefit of both the employer and employee.

With over 19 years of experience, we are very familiar with the internal process of a labor certification. Our qualified staff has the knowledge to explain and answer any and all questions/issues regarding the labor certification process. We take the time to inform our clients about the PERM (Program Electronic Review Management System) application that is filed with the Department of Labor.

It is important for the clients to be aware of the several requirements needed for a successful labor certification. For instance, employers must certify that there are no qualified United States workers suitable for the full-time, permanent position through appropriate advertisements and they must be able to pay the prevailing wage for the position being sponsored. At the Law Offices of Rhonda F. Gelfman, P.A., we can walk employers and employees through these steps, from advertising and collecting proper documentation to filing the application electronically with the Department of Labor. As a full-service immigration law firm we are able to handle a wide range of our clients' needs.

About Employment Classifications

Obtaining a labor certification allows an employer to apply for either an EB-2 or EB-3 preference employment classification.

  • EB-2 (the second preference): This classification is for people with advanced degrees and experience required by the job which they are being sponsored for, or are individuals with exceptional abilities in the arts, sciences or businesses.
  • EB-3 (the third preference): This classification is for other professionals and skilled workers with relevant post secondary education and/or experience required by the job for which they are being sponsored.

We help clients create employment-based strategies to obtain their permanent residence status (green card). To discuss all your labor certification questions, call our office at (305) 944-9120 or simply complete our online intake form.